Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Week of Fun

Last week Brad was at a work conference so I took the whole week off and had fun with the kids. While they were at school I did a lot of Spring cleaning and took a truckload to the DI at the end of the week. It was so nice to go through all the stuff we have. I like to de-clutter.... maybe a little too much.
One of the things I also did this week was take Emery's window in. Remember the incident with Cam, a window, water balloon and a summer of mowing the lawn without pay? Well we finally got it fixed. Its a week later and we still don't have the window back. Its been a fun game of moving Emery and Jacks around the house to sleep since they can't be in their room. While Brad is gone I usually just sleep on the couch. I'm a HUGE wuss and don't like being in a big room alone so the "smart" thing is to sleep in the biggest room in the house on the couch. Although this week it helped Emery and Jacks out and they thought it was cool to sleep in there.
 One of the things I've wanted to do for a while is clear some dirt we had at the side of the house, so I finally did that. The kids were a lot of help. When we were moving one part my legs kept itching, but I ignored it until Camden started to freak out. Apparently we angered some ants and we got bit a few times. Because we had Grandpa's truck I didn't have enough room to drive all the kids to get a drink so they all happily walked to the gas station to get a cold drink.

 The next day the boys were 'sick'. Ok I didn't think about getting the dirt out and as we were loading it I just kept thinking that I'd be at the dump for hours if I went alone. They didn't have any tests so they stayed to help me out and I'm glad they did, they both were a lot of help.


While I got a lot done not working, I'm glad Brad is home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment