Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Boys Catch Up Newborn

It was so much fun typing out Emery's beginning story so I had to get right now doing the boys. With 2 babies and our first babies, there are a lot more pictures. Poor Jacks has the least amount of baby picture.
I remember when Brad came to me and said he wanted to try and have a baby. We weren't married for too long, I was just getting used to being married and having to hear someone snore all night I wasn't too sure. I told him I'd think and pray about it and that week I just knew it was time. I have always wanted to be a mom. I loved to baby sit and I love babies but I was always worried that maybe it wouldn't happen or take forever. I guess to be shown I was meant to be a mom I was sent 2 at once. We had our first appointment and the doctor checked me. After he did he said he had a student who he wanted to check me too and asked if it was ok. I said ok and then after that he said we can do an ultrasound to "see how many are in there." He swears he was joking but I think he knew something was different, either I was farther along than I said or there was more than one.  I remember thinking why is there a dark sack at the top of the baby. Then the doctor said there was 2. Total and complete shock. I don't remember much else from it because I just kept thinking TWO!!! It was so fun telling people because we would show the picture of a single baby then the 2 on the same picture. Some of the people would start to say why is there 2 then it would hit it was twins.
 

 The doctors of course tell you all that can happen with twins so we thought that I would have them at 20 weeks, they would be in the NICU for months and probably be very small. None of that happened. Look how tiny I was at just a few weeks.
 Then how HUGE I got. This was a week or so before they came. Nothing fit me, and I was so uncomfortable. I went full term and since Beckham was transverse I had to have a C-Section.
This is Brad's favorite picture to kind of laugh at. I'm pretty sure I wasn't happy. I  was walking to try and get labor started but all I got was very swollen feet and later seeing the picture, a shirt that didn't even cover my belly...
The day finally came May 9 2006. I was so nervous for the spinal shot I had to get, nothing else. We just wanted to meet our babies. While only Brad could be in the operating room, thankfully Linda was able to get her and my mom in the babies recovery area.
A friend I have had since kindergarten has a mom who is an RN and she was my nurse and the best nurse. She kept me so calm for the shot I had to get. We debated on names for a while. We liked the nickname Beck and so Beckham was easy. Camden was going to be Carrigan or Brooklyn is he was a girl. We wanted family middle names but since there was 2 we didn't want to name one after brad and the other not but one day it hit me, our dads. The are both amazing men and naming the twins after then was perfect. The names go perfect with them too. Beckham looks most Arrington and his is Steven. Camden is a mini Brad Barnes and his is Charles. We also just decided first out was Cam and second was Beck. The delivery was good. Cam came out easy but they took him away fast. He was breathing but having a little bit of a hard time so they just gave him a little oxygen. Beck was 3 minutes later and a VERY long 3 min. He was up high and they couldn't get him to drop. They pushed on my ribs/stomach which made it hard to breath and then I got sick and threw up. Laying on my back I didn't know what to do and it was a few seconds before Brad or the anesthesiologist saw and helped. After that I couldn't stop shaking or gagging until Beck was out. They eventually had to get another doctor and use a vacuum. Beck's birth certificate has 2 doctors listed while Cam's only has one. They were both very healthy happy babies.
Camden was 7 lb 20.25 inch
 
Beckham was 6 lb 10 oz 21.25 inch

 Crazy how much 1 inch and 6 oz makes on a baby. I thought they were so tiny but that was over 13 lbs of baby in me. No wonder I was huge.

Proud dad

 


 Tired mom. It was fun to see people with twins. They are so different and it was a must to hold them both at once. How could you pick though, they both are so tiny and cute?
 Their bless was good. I love the matching tuxes, that were huge on them.

 We had a niece born a month before them and their blessings were the same day.
They really were good babies. Brad and I just took one baby a night, so if your baby slept, you slept. Camden was the one you wanted. He slept all the time. Beck liked to be held while he slept which didn't make for fun nights with him. Beck was the changing baby. He looks different in a lot of pictures, Camden still looks the same.

 The life, eating and sleeping while being held. Beckham got a rash shortly after he was born all over his body which is my he is so red.

 He really was a good baby but he like being held. He would actually eat his food and not just fall asleep.



 The start of his major outie belly button. It ended up being a hernia but it was just funny to see it while he was a baby.




 
 Very proud dad. The bigger they got the harder it was to hold them together, but there were times they thought they both needed to be held and it usually happened when you were alone.

 The fun time when they both got mad. I think they were just over pictures by this time.

 Then the joy of them both sleeping at the same time. They really didn't like sleeping next to each other. I guess even that young Beck wanted his space. We tired the same bed for a few nights and quickly found out that it wasn't working.

 They both started to fill out pretty quick.

 This looks so much like Jacks to me. Camden, Jacks and Brad have a lot of pictures like that.
 He loved baths and as I said, he slept, a lot. He was hard to keep awake. We used to joke that he slept through his first 3 months. Even still he is our only kid that really sleeps in. Camden would eat and fall asleep all the time. I had to feed him and be "mean" to keep him awake so he would actually get food.



 





Twins are so much fun. Maybe because they were our first or maybe its just our babies but they were so much easier than single babies. The first few weeks was hard getting used to a schedule, but every baby is that way. They always have a friend there. When they started to play they had someone to talk to and look at. I used to dress them alike only when we went to family functions to confuse people. They obviously don't look anything alike but the same outfit somehow made them look the same to family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment