Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cam's Night

We decided to have a special night with each of the kids once a month. For the first one though, we are taking them all out this month, then it will be a rotation for the rest of the year. The kids really like being with just us and no other kids there. Maybe a year or two ago we were going to eat dinner out but we couldn't all decide on the place we wanted to go, so Brad, Beck and Emery went to the nasty Mandarin House and Cam and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings. Camden still talks about the time we went out and he got the tastiest hamburger with just me and him. I love the kids having their own special time, so we are going to work harder at giving it to them. Monday Emery had her special day and tonight was Camden's turn. We let them pick a place to eat and an activity to do. For these first ones the boys just got to pick who they wanted to go with, but after this it will be with Brad and me. Camden wanted to go with me to Buffalo Wild Wings. He doesn't talk much (like me), but we did talk a little and play tick-tack-toe and he got his tasty hamburger again. He had a smile on his face the whole time. 
 For his activity he chose Hands On. He painted a lunch box bank.
 It has to get fired again, but we get to pick it up on Tuesday. It was a really fun night with him and I think it made him fell extra special and happy that it was all focused on him.
Tomorrow is Beck's night and before bed he told me how excited he was to go. While Cam and I were gone Beck was playing games and Jacks wanted to join him. Brad said Jacks sat there for a good 15 min 'helping' Beck. He is such a good big brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment