Thursday, June 2, 2022

Beck's Special Night

One night about 9 or 10 I got a text from Beck, (this was a screen shot another day). Beck is pretty mellow and calm, so for him, this is freaking out. 
Starset is one of his favorite bands that he has wanted see for a while. They just happened to be coming to Revolution Concert House. Its just by the fair grounds. What made it better is this month is his special night. The tickets were pretty cheap, so he and I went to the concert. I have never been in the GA portion of a concert, and that is all this one was. It was very different but a lot of fun too. Probably the best way to watch a show you don't know the bands very well. 
Nice and cozy

There were 3 opening bands. Two we didn't know, Smashing Into Pieces and Fame on Fire, and one we did, Red. All were good but Smashing was the best of the three. Both Beck and I added some of their songs to our lists. 
Their drummer wears this light mask the whole time. I'm not sure how they see or don't over heat.
The second band came a little into the crowd. The best song they did was a cover of Linkin Park, the rest were not bad but not great either. 
The one song I know 'by' Red they didn't do. But technically is it just a cover, so I'm not surprised. This guy had a TON of energy and sang really well live. 
At the end of their set they tossed things into the crowd. I felt something hit me and turned the flashlight of my phone and saw it was a pick; so Beck got a free pick from the band. 

Starset was last. They went on at almost 10. I knew a few songs by them but Beck knew them all and sang all of them. I love seeing him let loose and sing loud. I loved that this band had a violinist and cellist in the band. You really feed off of the energy of everyone when you are in 'the pit'. So even now knowing the lyrics, it was still a blast. I will say getting there at 6:30 and leaving at 11:30 was a long time standing in one place. The whole show there was only 5 people between us and the stage and by the end we all were much closer than we were at the start of the night. I would defiantly do the pit again, just give me a few months. 






This was the song he was waiting for them to sing. He was so excited when they finally played it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment