Friday, August 14, 2020

CPC

 

Back in November I started a course to become a Certified Medical Coder. I freak out every time when I take a test, so a few tests in, I wondered what I was doing. I was set to take my final test in March... then COVID. The week before I went to take it, they canceled it. There was finally an option to make the test online. I put it off more than I should have, but the weekend after the reunion, I took the test. It was two 2.5 hour test. To say I was nervous  is a massive understatement. Someone had to watch me on a webcam the whole time. I had to keep telling myself to breath, relax and go slow. After the second test I just had to wait, and wait, and wait. The longer you have to wait, the more you just think you failed. I got a call today from the company and the message said they needed to talk to me about my test. When I called back, I was waiting for a, 'Sorry you didn't pass.' Instead she told me I passed! I'm not sure I believe it still, but it is a good feeling to be done and to have actually pass. Now I just have to wait and watch for a coder job to open up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment