Thursday, December 7, 2017

Christmas Happenings

The Christmas season is in full swing and the kids couldn't be more excited. It's only 7 days into December, but we have already done a lot. 
When the kids were little I did projects around Christma to keep them busy and stop them asking every 5 min if it was time for Santa. I figured that after a year or so they would die out and the kids would get sick of doing projects; well that didn't happen. They remember every year and really look forward to them 
First we made a countdown till Christmas. Emery's and Jacks' are snowmen that you take the rings off till Christmas eve. 
  We went to Grandma Arrington's Choir concert one night. The kids helped her with turning off candles that the performers brought it, then after they helped hand out cookies. They all loved this and were unanimous that they want to always help hand out cookies every time. 

 My least favorite thing about Christmas season is gingerbread houses. I don't know why but I really hate putting them together but the kids love it.(they probably just love the candy) Every year though I cave in and we do them. This year I was smarter and only got 2 big ones for them to do together. 

 I think only half the candy went on the house, the other half went on their bellies but they had fun and the houses look pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment