Sunday, May 4, 2014

Exciting Weekend

First update on the dog. Yes we still have him. He actually isn't that bad... so far. He does wake up about twice in the middle of the night but is getting better. Training is going well too. He likes his kennel and is doing ok with going outside. Looks like he may be a keeper. 
Yesterday we went to Boise. Our niece Adarah got baptized. Jacks slept a little on the way up. I don't get how kids sleep the ways they do.  
 Adarah looked so beautiful and happy on her special day. It was fun for the boys to see so they could understand what they will be doing soon. We went to my brother Bryan's sister-in-laws house for a dinner after. The kids went outside to play and it wasn't more than a minute I hear Brad say 'broken arm' and Beck comes in. He fell on the trampoline in a weird way and well... broke his arm. You can see it poking up a little here. 
 We went to the ER. He was so brave. I think I cried more than he did. I still can't handle the kids in an pain. Once his adrenaline wore off he was in a little pain, but meds and ice helped at the ER. 
 We were 'lucky' because it was only a greenstick fracture, but it did have to be set. 
 It is at almost a 30` angle which is why it needed to be set. They sedate kids when they set them. I wasn't worried about the sedation, but also not prepared for how he reacted with it. They said most kids just knock out right away. He first tired to sit up, so they gave him a little more and was fine. Then they started to fix it and he fought. He was asleep, but not all the way. He kept telling them to get off of him and kicking his legs. I'm pretty sure I heard him say Cam at one point in time, so he was just dreaming about Camden bugging him. He was only out for about 10 min and woke up with a splint on his arm. He had to take it easy for a few days before he gets his whole cast. So now maybe when he gets baptized he'll have a cast on too. 
We were so lucky to have lots of family to help with the other kids. I didn't think about it when we left the house, but Camden was worried about Beck. I love how close twins are. Even if they fight a lot, they really care about each other and worry when they are hurt or sick. On our way home Cam sent a text from my mom's phone that said "tell Beck I love him." It was so sweet to read, especially because Camden likes to be tough, so it was nice to see him be compassionate like that. The kids got some stuff with Grandma and Grandpa Arrington and made Beck cards. Emery made him a computer and Camden's says "Hope your arm is getting better. I will teach you the cast way."  
Not exactly how we expected to spend our weekend, but we are glad it wasn't any worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment