Saturday, May 31, 2014

Baptism Day

Today the boys were baptized. It was such a special day for them and so awesome to see your own kids get baptized. They got suits for their special day, don't they look handsome?
 They were pretty excited all week for today. I think as it got closer all the boys got nervous. 


We just had to bag Beck's arm up so it didn't get wet. You could tell how happy and excited they were after they were done. Here are their thoughts. 

CAMDEN
I remember that it felt so good to be baptized and receive the gift of the holy ghost. I remember I heard the holy ghost say,"I'm glad you were baptized". I remember that my cousins, aunts and uncle were proud that I got baptized. I remember I got some blessings.

BECKHAM
At my baptism I felt warm inside and I felt happy after I got out of the water. I remember that me, Zach, and Cam all got baptized on the same day and my family had lunch all together. When I got the Holy Ghost I felt good.I thought getting baptized was a good thing. What people said was"congrageilashens,good job, and how did it feel.

I loved how Beckham spelled Congratulations, so I had to keep it. He spells how I do. We are so proud of the choice they made today and for all the example they are to the younger siblings and cousins and their friends. They are growing up so much. Since about February or so I have been making them sing in Sacrament. I told them that since they can read they should sing with us too. It is such a sweet feeling to hear them sing out the hymns. They are learning "I Stand All Amazed" in primary and we sang that they other day. It brought tears to my eyes to hear them both sing out louder than normal to a song they knew. I'm still a little shocked that they are 8 years old, but it has been an amazing 8 years. Seeing your kids grow up is such a fun thing. I remember my baptism and seeing them today so happy and filled with the Spirit made for a perfect day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment