Wednesday, November 6, 2013

More Kid Time

  Since school started we have noticed a big difference in the boys, mainly Camden, and not a good one. He gets really mad, says things he doesn't mean, but are hurtful to the kids he says them to. He also has been wanting to just be alone. We are at our wits end and not sure what to do, but we have made a few small changed that have seemed to help a lot in the short time we have done them. Each night I go in and talk to Emery, I never thought the boys would want to talk also, but I was wrong. Each night for the past few nights we have separated the boys and I go in and talk to them for a little bit before bed. Camden has had an almost 180 in his attitude. The second night I told the boys where to go and he said because he knows mom is going to come and talk. Then last night he told me to not forget. Each night he has opened up more and more. Each day he is happier and easier to... be around, for lack of better words. Last night he didn't want me to go. Beckham has always talked well, but has liked our little talks too. 

Another thing I'm doing is letting the kids help cook. They ask to learn how to, so I figured it's a good thing for us to do together. Camden is really excited about cooking. It will take a long time for me to get used to them using knives. 

He helped make chicken pasta and it was really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment