Monday, June 10, 2013

MRSA Scare

We had an interesting week last week in our house. I have to say I'm glad it's over. Sunday Beck and Emery were sick. Nothing too bad, but not fun. Tuesday Brad and I celebrated 8 years of marriage! Crazy it's been that long, but it's been a great 8 years. The only bad part is I got sick. I guess with whatever Emery had, but it wasn't fun. Friday the kids wanted to swim in the pool. It was in the 90s so I let them. Emery came out with her suit to have me help her put in on and I saw her leg, that sweet picture. She gets spots often but never this big or bad. I took her into the quick care and they said it could be MRSA, a bacteria that is resistant to a lot of antibiotics and very contagious. We washed all we could in bleach, including the tubs and all surfaces. I washed all of her clothes in hot hot water and dried in hot heat. We were really careful about her getting near anyone all weekend. We found out this morning there is no infection, which is a good thing. We just don't know quite what it is, but we do know it's not as bad as it could have been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment