Sunday, May 12, 2013

Camden and Beckham

Well the boys are 7 now. I like to each year write a little bit of where are they now and how they have grown. The first picture is today, the second is a year ago. They really haven't changed a ton. They both still have those shirts and shorts. Beck is still a head taller, but their features just look a little more grown up. They still don't look like twins, but for now at least, they like being twins. I am glad almost daily that we have boys. They fight all the time but are friends 5 min later. They get over things quickly, one thing that girls don't tend to do. The past year they have become...well a little lame, but funny. They both are experimenting with telling jokes, making up stories, and just trying to act older. Both boys are really good students. They do well in school and their teacher loves having them in class. Both of them like computer the most, but I knew that would happen. The one thing I am surprised to see is that they don't really play with each other at recess. They have their own friends that they play with. I am glad they have their own personalities and own things they enjoy doing and that they are just 'the twins.' The are both trying to 'spy' on Brad and I at night so they can stay up longer. They are not quiet at all, so we always know they are there. Maybe since they are 7 we can push their bed time back a little bit.
 Camden can be sweet and he also likes to push people buttons, especially Emery. He knows what buttons to push on Emery and he does it all the time. He does get mad when she does the same back to him, so there are a lot of fights between those two. Camden likes reading in school and he is in the top of his class. I like that as he gets older he is less whiny  He used to be so bad with crying all the time over nothing, but he has really grown out of that. He isn't as easy going as Beck, but a LOT better than he was a few years ago. He is harder to get to open up and talk,but when he does it's a lot of fun hearing what is on his mind. He loves video games and Black Ops Zombie and Minecraft are his favorite right now.  Camden likes to be a leader and reminds Beck all the time that he is a whole 3 min older. As you can see from his shirt, he loves zombies right now, and has 3 or 4 shirts that have to do with zombies. 
Beckham is still just an easy going sweet kid. He loves to play with Jackson and helps him to things all the time. Beck loves to teach Jacks. The other day he came out of his room so happy that he taught Jacks to say 'Thank you.' The only time Beck gets upset is when he is tired. When he is tired the smallest things will make him sad and cry, but a good nights rest will make him all better. Beck likes math the most in school. He has done really well with the timed math in school. When it's just Beck and I, he talks non-stop. He too loves video games and likes the same ones as Camden. He loves to play Black Ops with Brad. He likes when Brad tells him he is doing well. He follows what Camden says too much. I wish at times that he would stick up for himself more and not let Camden boss him around, but that's something he has to figure out on his own. Camden can get Beck to do almost anything, but Camden won't do the same for Beck. This is the cause of 95% of their fights. I have been writing this post in-between helping Brad put the kids to be and getting the laundry ready for tomorrow. Beck was in his bed and told me that he felt bad for me sometimes because I have to do so much work. Isn't he sweet? I told him I like doing the work I do. He always thinks of others. 
It has been an interesting journey so far having twins. I am so glad we were blessed with these two boys. I really don't know what I would have done with just a single baby at first. They may be getting to be more of a handful, but I love that they are growing up and becoming their own little people. I love seeing their likes in clothes and food and games and how things are done. They may have been born the same day, but they are different in more ways then they are alike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment