Monday, December 17, 2012

Peppermint Play Dough

Saturday I slacked, we didn't do a project. The boys were playing with their cousins all day, so they didn't mind. Yesterday we made peppermint play dough. The kids thought it was awesome it smelled like a candy cane. Play dough it the best thing ever, it keeps kids busy for hours. I however didn't take into account Cam's cast. It didn't get too dirty, but it smells good now.
 These blogs are my journals. I wish I could go back to when I was younger and have more pictures of things we did. I love looking back and remembering good times. When I was a teenage it would write in a journal almost everyday. I actually hate going back and reading those ones, I sound so....well teenager-ish and I wasn't super girly girl, so it could have been worse. It is fun to go back and read that about a week before Brad asked me out the first time I wrote about him in my journal. I said he was really cute and loved working with him, but he was 22 and wouldn't care about me.... I'm glad I was wrong. When the boys here about 2 Grandma and Grandpa Barnes gave all the grand kids journals and I started to write in them for the boys. It got annoying writing the same stories twice (joys of twins) so I started a blog. I have loved doing it and I know that there are some who enjoy reading it. Saturday I got my first physical copy of the blog, well the first 9 months I did it. It's fun to look at it and see how small the kids were and the things they did. Now I just have to get the other years printed off then we'll have them forever to look at. Journal-ing is really fun and rewarding and I hope someday the kids enjoy reading what they were like when they were little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment