Saturday, July 22, 2023

Jackson Camping

This past week Jackson went Camping with my brother Bryan and his family. I was a little surprised he was okay being gone 5 nights, but had a blast. 
I did not help him pack. I said I can if he wants, but he wanted to alone.





This is his week in his words: The first day was just driving there, unpacking, and setting up for the week. The drive was actually fun, everyone was talking, making jokes, and the rest was sleeping. When we arrived we set up and after that we ate something called tinfoil food which was a mixture of potatoes, vegetables, and pork. The dinner was pretty good, I ate most of it and I also tried Chick-fil-a sauce for the first time and I think its really good. Although, the first nights sleep was horrible for me, I went to bed around 12:30-1:00, I kept waking up in the middle of the night, and I woke up at 7:00. The second day was the best day! First we had waffles and pancakes for breakfast, which was delicious. Then we went to a little gift shop to get some ice, while we were there the people who owned the place had a pet baby duck and I got to pet and hold the duck. Then we went to the river and floated the river. This was really fun, it was relaxing for some of it and it was crazy for the rest. I got a few bruises from the rapids but the rapids was the best part. Through the river Jarom and I stayed together. We went back to camp after and showered. The kids tried the pool out but it we really cold and shallow, the max depth was 3ft. Then we ate taco stew which is and bowl of taco ingredients and you dip your chips into it. There was beans in it but I didn't taste or feel it because of all the other ingredients.(everyone but me, Kilie, hates beans in  my family) The second night I had an amazing sleep. I went to bed around 10:30 and I woke up around 10:00. The Third day we went to different stores and went to park. We went to a thrift store were I got a purple monkey and a frog wearing a shirt. The park was pretty good there where swings and a weird spinning thing. Also, while we were there we saw these wasp the burrow, they're called digger wasp. Then we got to the camp and had hotdogs and hamburgers. We only had white bread but it was still really good. The forth day we went to the museum and went to river to float it again. This wasn't as fun but still fun. I got more bruises and I got a scar on my foot from trying to paddle but hitting a rock. For dinner we had chicken and rice, which I thought was really good. I had a decent night sleep I went to bed around 11:00 and woke up around 8:00. The fifth day was just packing and load stuff into the car. The drive home was good because I just slept the whole way and we got ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment