Friday, June 14, 2019

Summer So Far

This so far has been a very different summer. While during school time my day shift job is really good, summer time makes it not as nice. I am gone all day and don't have as much time with them, which has been a hard adjustment for me and the kids. It is good that they learn some independence, I'm just not sure I'm fully ready for it. 
We got a pool for the kids to play in. We'll keep it up and change the water every once in a while and so far they love it. Emery got a pretty sweet burn, but it's better now. mainly her and Jacks spend a lot of time in it. 


 We had a slime day last Friday. Camden and Beckham went to a friends house, so it was just Emery, Jacks and me. 
We made soap slime. It was not good. It was really sticky and then really hard. It did smell the best though. 
 Then we made fluffy slime, this was the best by far. It was the most fun to play with and worked perfectly. 


It however didn't last long. It got super nasty the next day. 
 Next was Jello slime. It wasn't working so we kept adding corn starch which then turned into oobleck. It was probably the best oobleck we have made and it even tasted good. 



 The worst by far was the Pudding one. It was good for maybe 1 minute. I went to the bathroom and came out and they were a huge mess. The taste was ok, but not great.
 Last we made Starburst slime. It really was just melting them and adding powder sugar. You could play with it for maybe 10 minutes, then it cooled off and was hard candy again. 

 Jackson has lost a lot of teeth lately and have a very hole-y mouth. I love how it looks. 
 Emery, Jacks and I went for a walk at CSI to look for painted rocks. We didn't find many but they took some to paint. They painted them while I was at work and then we went and hid them. We're going to have to go and look other places for painted rocks. The kids love finding them. 
 The kids text me at work some times, it's nice to talk to them a little bit at least. I asked camden to make muffins for dinner and I loved what he called the muffin tins, cupcake hats. 
 Emery and Jacks had the phone one day too and sent pictures. I love how Jackson thinks controller is spelled. That's how he says it, so he just sounds it out that way. 
It's been a good summer so far, different, but still a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment