Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The House

Well it happened, we sold our house. It's a little different situation but we are happy to have the ball rolling on closing. This is our first night out of the house and I have to be honest, I didn't know how emotional it would be to move. The first day I really started to pack I decided to take pictures down first, bad idea. Just look at that wall. I got emotional and well it wasn't fun to look at. 
It's been a very emotional 2 weeks of packing and cleaning and everything to get done to move out and I for one am glad it's over. 
We had a final treat/movie/sleep out night. The kids loved it and it was a great way to put a close to living in this house. 
I took a picture as we left tonight. Ugh I know we are ready to be done with this house, but I didn't know I'd care so much. A lot has happened in this house. It was the first house we bought and the longest we have stayed in a house. Six years! Emery learned to walk here. Jacks came home from the hospital here. The boys and Emery started school and did preschool here. We bought it with a dead backyard and rock front yard and fixed that up. We have painted collectively in all the rooms at least 15 times, probably more. Two arms have been broken, 6 surgeries, and many band-aids. All the kids have started in primary here and made a lot of friends at school and church. We've had 3 different cars. We had lots of pool parties, summer and Christmas projects, picnics, sleep out and movie nights. Six Christmas', many birthdays. We had a friend live with us, which the kids loved. In the 6 years we have been there we have really grown as a family and grown closer as a family. I have loved living here and loved the area,  I know it's time to move on, but it doesn't make doing that easy. I will miss this house and all the memories made here. It does make me excited for the family moving in, all the fun they hopefully will have there and for our new house too. I'm so glad I have this blog and we are able to go back and read all the fun we've had here. Now the fun begins in finding that next house to make our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment