Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Camden's Piano Recital

The year Camden wanted to learn how to play the piano and so I have been teaching him. He defiantly has natural talent for it and has picked it up quick and done well. He has some quirks like I did playing, which is frustrating to teach. I have to remind him about his hands a lot, he sit at the piano 'wrong' (which so do I) and he can hear something once and get the tempo and then thinks he doesn't have to count. I have been playing long enough that I can tell he isn't counting and get really annoyed when he tried to tell me he is. I did learn that my brother Paul is the same with his kids playing, so I don't feel that bad. I get now why my parents liked me to play for other people, its like a 'good job' when he plays for other. Good thing for him is he likes the attention that comes from playing for other people. He's been working on some songs for a recital for the past few months. Even though I have been teaching him, I wanted him to have as 'normal' of experience as he could possibly have. He did a great job, and even wrote his own song, "First Prey." He did a duet with Grandma Barnes and Me (mine I forgot to have someone record). He's doing so well I may need to have him go to a real teacher that does this all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment