Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Weird Start to the Week

I'm ready to have a boring, normal day. Monday morning about 3:30 am (yes AM) the door bell rang. The unwritten rule is that's Brad's job to see what it is. It rang a few times, so Brad thought either it was something real or he was going to get ticked with some lame kids. It was the police. They caught some kids breaking into cars on our street and wanted us to make sure that no one had broke into the blue van that's in the drive way. Nothing was taken. Even though it was nothing it still took forever to fall back asleep. Then today I took the kids to get a movie and pizza, Brad is golfing, so we decided on a movie night. I was at Little Caesars, parked the car and got out. I was about to open the side door to get the kids when a work truck started to back up. He kept going and going and hit the car. Not hard, he didn't even notice it until I yelled and waved my arms. Good thing I was out because who knows how long it would have taken him to stop, and even more of a good thing is none of the kids were out of the car. The guy felt horrible and he gave me his info. Again, even though it wasn't a big deal I was shaking for a little bit after. To make it even better, I put his info in my pocket and we got the pizza. When I got home it was gone. Thankfully it was at Little Caesars. I am staying home tomorrow and not going anywhere, in hopes that nothing else happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment