Sunday, May 8, 2022

FINALLY

When Beckham wanted to take driver's ed, I was not sure how ready I was for a child of mine to drive. I was much more calm during his permit time and driving with him than I thought I was going  to be. When it came time for the driving test, I was excited to not have to take them to Seminary at 6 am. Well he did not pass the first test. 
He decided to take the test from the same guy, which at first I thought was not smart. But the test was the same route as the first time, so he passed having only missed two. The instructor did not remember Beck and said it was the best drive he has had a in a while. 
A few days later was his written test. Again, super ready now for him to have it and he missed too many. Since we had a few other things in the way, he didn't retake the test until yesterday and.... Passed! I told him now I never really have to leave the house. He can take the kids everywhere. 
We got him on insurance (only crying a little bit at the cost) and he went for a short drive. Later he went for a drive alone to look at a few things he wanted to. He liked being alone, in the car, with his music as loud as he wanted. 
They went and got doughnuts and saw Camden at work. Joys of being a 'free' teen. Now we just wait to see if Camden got into drivers ed this round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment