Thursday, May 6, 2021

Texas! And Twin!

Last weekend I took a long weekend and went to Texas. I went to visit my friend Lea again. We both wanted a weekend away to go on walks, shop and talk. It was a great weekend for that. 
Emery was not happy I didn't take her, so to try and help a little, we went and got our nails done beforehand. She got little flowers on her thumbs; they look so cute. 
We went for a long hike one day by a lake. It was cloudy, pretty humid and half way through it started to rain, but it made it perfect. It's so green in Texas and beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice.

We got a little muddy. Apparently I just kick my legs as I walk. 
After the walk I noticed that I must have hit a few low bushed. I felt a few hit my leg and ankle but didn't think much of it. 
One of the other walks we went on, there is a path of rocks. It was started when COVID started. People would paint rock and leave them to raise others spirits. Now a year later, it is getting full and has so many cool rocks. 

Lea, her kids and a few neighbor kids painted rocks and added to it. We may have to send some to Texas to add to the path. 
When we were at my parents the weekend before, my mom mentioned that Emery could spend the weekend with her. On Friday, Grandma and Grandpa took Emery and Jacks to twin for a fun weekend there. Getting nails done, shopping, swimming, eating and movies. The kids had a blast as well. 







They each got a few dollars and shopped for dinner. The kids love doing that, so they were in heaven. 
Emery's dessert pick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment