Saturday, April 25, 2020

Other Home

It gets to be really hard being away from my family all week. Sunday is always hard to drive away and this Monday was a really hard day for some reason. I got a call from St Luke's stating that for the time being, they have put a hold on all of the jobs. So that means, I really don't have a chance to transfer up for a while. Probably until COVID slows down, and there isn't really a time table for that either. My manager talked to me and told me she is trying and putting feelers out for me in Boise, and maybe we can move my hours around so I can work 3 days and go home a day sooner. The more time here the better. 
While it isn't ideal right now with work, I am thankful I have a job, which is not something everyone can say. I thankful for the time I have with my parents. We eat dinner together every night and talk. I will miss living so close to them,  and these times together I really do love. 
 
 They are painting the downstairs and changing the decorations. Mom and I started the wall on the stairs. I think it's turning out nice. 
 I love when the kids text me, although ones like this are hard to get. I think it's hardest from Jackson because in his mind, you just get a job. He doesn't get why I don't have a job here and why I'm not just with them. When I leave him and Emery hold on for a long time hugging me. I do know that this move was the right one, and I do know that there is a plan that I may not understand. I will be here soon (well maybe not super soon) and it will all be worth it. Until then, I'll have to tell Jacks to send these text not when I'm eating lunch with coworkers and I have to hold back tears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment