Wednesday, January 17, 2018

FHE

We finally decided to let the kids teach some FHE's this year and so far they love it. In fact they all wanted to be the first on lesson. Lesson and treats are the two tasks that they kids fight over and are happy when they actually have. My family tells of how my lessons were always draw your favorite temple. I only remember doing it once, but it must have been more than that because they all say so. Emery was first up and she did a little better, she taught on Easter. When I was younger my mom made a lot of FHE lesson packets and recently she gave us a bunch of them which really helps the kids out. She did a great job and loved being in charge.
Another task is activity which Jacks was on this week. We played hide and seek and Cam is the master. We couldn't find him for a bit and when we did we see why. I made him stay in a little longer so I could take a picture. 
 

The week before I taught about goal and making goals for the new year. I have a journal that I'm tracking a few of mine, which the kids have noticed and wanted to take part in as well. Emery has a goal of keeping her room clean, which is marked by the heart stickers. We tell her all the time if she just did a little each day then she won't have the big days when I go in and find all of the things shoved in corners that she then has to clean and it takes a lot longer. She's been doing awesome. The only bad thing is Jacks doesn't have the same goal, so his stuff still needs works. None of the kids got my OCD on cleaning....
Jackson's was he wanted to read more. He is already really good at reading, so I loved that he just like to read and wants to do more. I have the same goal and the same way of tracking it, so I think that helped him come to that goal. Brad drew bookshelves for him and each time he finishes a book he can write it up there and color it in.  
Beckham is in drama again and he wants to keep getting better so one of his goals is to practice him lines every night.  He also has a list of books he wants to read and piano songs he wants to learn. Since Cam and Beck are older we tell them that they have to keep showing more responsibility, so both of them have made a chart to track that. Mainly it's doing their chores without being reminded or just forgetting all the way. I have to say so far they both have done a decent job. There have been a few missed times but they have really improved since they started tracking it. I should also say that the reason they are doing this is because they want to earn the ability and do jobs to earn money for a PS4 each and a TV in their room, little do they know we won't let them have that in their room, but we'll cross that bridge if we get there.
Camden has the responsibility tracking too, but he is also wanted to learn more magic tricks and origami. He's been watching how to videos on magic and done really well. It's most fun to have Jacks see the tricks because he is so amazed by them. They all wanted to get better at drawing, or it ended up that way. Jacks said it first so I told him I'd get him a sketch book and that set it all off and they  were all  interested in drawing. I'm ok with that though, it keeps them busy and their minds working. 
This week was Beck's turn to teach and he was excited to teach the Plan of Salvation. He knew it pretty well when he was getting ready and telling Brad and his lesson went really well.  
 The kids liked putting it together after Beck mixed them up. It's fun to see how they explain things and the lesson topics they are excited to teach about. I think it will be a really good year for FHEs.

No comments:

Post a Comment