Sunday, April 2, 2017

Week of Projects

One thing I love to do is to re-do the decor. I like moving furniture around, painting and doing "Pinterest" protects. We haven't ever really liked the first blue we did in our house and have slowly been changing it. Since we both had a few days off for spring break we decided to tackle a few projects and I jumped on painting. The pictures are hard to see but the before blue is lighter and more like blue jeans. 

 After is still blue, but a darker one that allows our bed frame to pop. Now my next project in here is to make a quilt. 

After I finished our room Brad liked the color and said we should paint the kitchen... again... 3rd time... I did it with the stipulation that I get to paint over the mountain thing on the stairs. (I've never really liked it)


 Once we re-do the cabinets the blue will look really good. ( and the stairs look a lot better.) Eventually we will also paint the planter shelf to tie it all in. 

We moved all the kids downstairs and Cam is in Jacks' old room. Since Cam isn't into Mario we told him we'd paint this room. We let him pick the color...

 Apparently he likes glowing colors. The last color he picked was a bright green. I like this blue better and it makes the room bright. ( and apparently blue is the families favorite color.)

When we moved the big bed into Emery's room she no longer needed the end table, which gave me another project! It now matched the bench at the end of our bed. 
 I had towles in our bathroom on this shelf as decoration and didn't like it, so a cheap small project is just what we needed in here. 
 We were both sick of balls all over the garage so we made a holder for the balls. The kids have been doing a good job at keeping them in here and it is so much nicer in the garage. We started to make a bike rack and after the plans we had not working out, and the drill breaking we gave up on that idea, maybe we'll just purchase one. 
One side of the deck has a step, but the other didn't. It was a simple project but really finished it up. Maybe next summer we will re-stain it, but for now this works. 
 Jacks tried to get Luna to be the first to try it out. Luna didn't go along with that plan. 

This is an old project that I never put up and Brad let me know all the time that I didn't, so here it is. When we moved the kids room I was tired of the way the dresser was (I forgot a before picture). It was an easy fix and looks a lot better. 
 Brad cut out Star Wars pictures and made a collage on the top. Beck really likes it. A fun thing we are learning with the rooms how they are now is Beck is the messy twin. We always thought it was Camden because his area was kind of messy and Beck let us believe that. Turns out Camden just didn't have space to put his things but he is a lot better at keeping his room neat and clean. 
I'm ready for some more projects, time to look on Pinterest for ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment