Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Week of Service

To go along with our Christmas projects we are having FHE based on the real reason we celebrate Christmas. Last week we encouraged the kids to do small acts of service and see how they feel at the end of the week. It was a lot of fun seeing what they do and how they react when they get service done for them. A few weeks ago I had a conversation with my mom about the kids and how to handle 10 year old. One thing she said was to pick battles, which is harder than it sounds, but she also said how she would sometimes make our beds so when we got out of the shower it was one less thing to worry about. I have thought about that a lot decided it would be my goal for the week (and after that as well). I tried to make their bed every day and one day I did all of their chores so they could just relax after school. The boys figured out I was the one making the beds and other things, so their service was writing me a cute note. Little do they know how much that really means and how it always will bring a tear to my eye. I love the emoji Camden did on his. 
 This is Beck's. It took a bit but the blank spot is supposed to be where the magic card goes and should say magic. Beck also came and gave me a big hug one day. If you know Beck you know that isn't something he does everyday, so it meant even more. 
 This is Jacks note... or numbers he left for me on the bed.
The week was good. All the kids did little things at home and at school, like helping other students with school work or helping their dad shovel the sidewalk. All and all it was a good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment