Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Thrill Seeker

This past weekend we went to Utah and did the Thrill Seeker 5k run and it was a blast. The weather was looking like it would rain a lot and not be that great, but it was actually perfect. 
 The run started off with you riding a short trail on big bouncy balls, then you ran up an inflatable that had a rope (in the back of this pic).  The only thing I didn't like a ton was you run up and down a field to get the miles. It was nice it was flat but I'm used to a treadmill and like the flat-ness of it. 
 This one was harder than you thought. I watched everyone go and for some reason didn't think I needed to wrap my legs and...
 the water was COLD.
 The one in the back here was hard for me. First I didn't see anyone do it and just didn't get how to do it. Then I hate high things, especially if I'm not secured in. You climbed up a rock wall and as I got to the top I wanted down but there wasn't a way to get down. Then standing on top I REALLY wanted down. There wasn't any other way down and I just had to do it. It was scary but I did it. 
 This one you just jumped off a box onto this. The worst part was getting off the inflatable. 
 There was a slip n' slide thing, wall that punched out (but it broke down so we didn't do it) then a floating sidewalk on water. Kegan made it, I fell with the second step. This was a tall slide. Oddly this didn't freak me out because as you climbed up the one side  there was inflatable all around you. Brad went down fast. 
 Then you had to miss the bowling pins. I made it across without getting hit but walked off the edge just as I got to the end. Kiara got hit just as she got up to the start.
 Brad fell pretty quick too. 
 This was the last one. Did I mention I hate high things. There was a line for this, so we spent 15 min looking at it. That was 15 min of me thinking about how high it is and how scary it is and trying to tell myself that it would be ok. In the end I said no, and I have no regrets. I possibly would have cried. 
Even seeing it now is freaky to me. 
 If the climb and high wasn't involved, the zip line looked fun....
 Until you had to land. Brad was fine after that landing.
 Paul however didn't land as nice and got whiplash... 
 and a nice little ride in this at the end.
You got a prize for finishing and the one they thought was a good idea for Utah was a bottle opener... I guess we'll get some root beers to try it out. Next year we'll do it again for sure. I just have to find a way to get over high places. It was so much fun and even more fun with others running with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment