Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Dog

It's no secret I didn't really like Hurley. Being home all the time I had to deal with him the most and it got old. The main problem was Beck LOVED the dog, so we dealt with him. Well we have decided to fix the house and yard up and sell the house. Every site I looked on for tips on how to prepare you house, getting pets gone was a big one. Another big one is a nice yard, but Hurley dug, so that was another problem. We also may need to live with family while we are in closing, and Hurley couldn't come with us there. We talked for a few weeks about re-homing him and we told the kids it may happen. I'm not sure they believed us. Well on Sunday I put him on Facebook and within a few hours he had someone who wanted to take him. Now came the worst/hardest thing I've had to do, tell the kids. I knew Beck would be sad so I wasn't wanting to do it, but they needed to be able to say goodbye. I started to tell them and Camden started to say all the pets we could get now. I have to say I was annoyed so I told him to stop talking and finished telling the kids that someone was going to come soon and get the dog. I looked at Beck and he broke down (and then I was started too). I let him know it wasn't his fault, that he was a good owner for the dog, we just don't have any other option right now. We told Beck he should take some pictures with Hurley and play with him. Doesn't his face just break your heart? 


As I was with Beck in our room Emery came in crying. I was kind of surprised by that because she never really paid attention to the dog. Then Beck and I went outside to take pictures while he played and Camden came out. Due to his comments earlier I told him he may not care the dog is going but Beck does do try and be nice. He looked at me and said what and completely lost it. I felt so horrible and sad for him. I had no idea he cared and felt bad for saying what I did. Needless to say Sunday wasn't a fun day. The guy was supposed to come Sunday but didn't so Monday morning I told the boys to make sure they say goodbye in case he comes while they are at school. Good think I said that because he did. When the new owner got to the house Hurley instantly loved him. He was excited to  see him for some reason, but it made it easier that way. The guy has kids so Hurley will be happy there too. After I took the dog to his car and came back in I was so sad, sad for the kids. I hated this stupid dog. I couldn't wait for him to be gone and now I was crying over him going. Ugh so lame. That was one of the hardest things I've had to tell the kids, and it wasn't even anything overly important. They have been fine since he's been gone. Beck misses him but we keep them excited with the thought of a new house, which they all want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment