Thursday, August 26, 2021

Just Do It


 Right now, incase you've been living under a rock for the past year and a half, the world is going through a major tuff time. The COVID pandemic has affected everyone in one way or another. Some are smart and realize how serious this really is. While Brad and I both work from home and really don't see many people ever, we did get the vaccine. Thankfully the hospitals, and many company's are requiring it. With the variant spreading worse than wild fire and with it being so devastating, we talked with the kids about school, masks and the vaccine. Jackson is too young to get it right now but we asked the others if they wanted it. I have to say, while I take this seriously, I didn't really think about getting the kids the vaccine yet. No reason either way, it just didn't cross my mind. I guess I was hoping that adults around the world would be the ones who got it, and then that would help protect the kids more. Emery had COVID and I think is still a little leery of it, and to add a shot to that, she said she didn't want it yet and just wants to wear a mask. Cam was the exact same. Beckham however said he wanted it. Like I said before, I didn't think about them getting it and it honestly took me back a little. I wasn't worried about the vaccine, other than needles are the worst, but to be honest I was a little nervous for him to get it. Last week I took him to get his first shot. As we were waiting I asked him why he wanted to get it? Did we scare him by talking about COVID? He said no, I'm healthy and I'm not scared of it, I just want to do my part. The little that I can help stop the spread. I totally didn't tear up hearing how selfless this young man is. He realizes that every little things helps. Proud parent moment for sure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment