Monday, August 9, 2021

Fun Long Weekend

This past weekend I had a long weekend from work. We went to Twin for the night to spend the day at Dierkes Lake with Grandma and Bryan's kids. Since Beck has Driver's Ed and couldn't miss, we took Zander. It was a quick trip but a good one. I used to love swimming in that water. During this heat, it felt so good. Now as an adult, I will pass. 

They were making sand-ice cream. 



I also turned 35 while there. My dad got me flowers before I left town. I love them. 

On Friday Beck had his last day of Driver's Ed and got her permit. Oh man, mom and dad I'm sorry for how bad of a driver I may have been when I started. While it's a good thing, he's very slow and very cautious. Well unless he is going 40 and we tell him to head to the gas station for gas and he tries to turn going at least 25 then slams on his breaks just as he gets into the parking lot. Yeah... this will be a long 6 months. I kind of hope only a few are like this and after a while it just gets better. He has a permit for at least 6 months. The joys of twins is there is still one to go. Camden didn't want to do Driver's Ed yet, so we lucked out there. However, once Beck gets his licenses is about when Camden wants to take the class. We will be doing this for about a year. 
I took in out tonight to work on turns. His hands are always at 9 and 3, never move. That position does not make for good turns.  He is still nervous but getting better, or I am just really hoping he is. It hasn't been a week yet, which means we still have a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment