Sunday, December 13, 2020

December... So Far

Time is going by too fast. Christmas will be here really soon, maybe too soon. 
After Thanksgiving we put up the tree and Christmas Decorations. I'm not a huge fan of this front room, but I do like how it looks right now for Christmas. 
We got a new tree. Our last one hasn't been open in 3 years. All of that it was spent in a storage unit or our garage. When we went to move the box in the garage there was a black widow, so big nope. I wasn't going to open that. I do like the tall skinny, especially with how tall the room is in this room. 
The kids wanted to make a countdown. We took what we had and made some. A little rough, but really all they wanted was a piece of candy each day. 



We made gingerbread houses. I hate making them, so the kids did them after school. I took so many pictures of them. I thought taking pictures of four little kids was hard.... No, teens and pre teens are much much worse. 



We went to a drive through Christmas light show. It was a super cold night, so this was the best way to see lights. 
The mouths would move to make it look like they sang. Kind of creepy sometimes, but also cute. 

Half way through we remembered we had a sunroof, so Cam and Jacks enjoyed the new view. 
After was hot chocolate at Uncle Paul's. 
It's been a different sort of Christmas season this year, but I think it's been good. Trying to figure out new traditions while keeping up the ones we loved. This may be our last year having someone who believes in Santa (I think Jacks knows and wonders, but doesn't say anything). I don't have the heart to tell him otherwise and I'm not sure I'm ready to not have any kids who are excited to see Santa.  

No comments:

Post a Comment