Saturday, December 6, 2014

Emery's Tooth

We had an exciting Thursday morning. I was sitting on the couch while Emery and Jacks were playing in their room. Emery just started to freak out and cry and came running out of her room. When she got to me she was really upset and had her mouth open saying it's gone, and that's when I saw her tooth gone. I know my reaction didn't help the situation; it was a very shocked face. We didn't know she even had a loose tooth. While she ran out crying Jacks started to cry too. I figured it was the blood that scared him. I helped Emery get something to stop the bleeding and we went to see Jacks and find the tooth. The only way I calmed Emery down was to tell her now the tooth fairy gets to come and see her. I asked her how it came out because, as I said, we didn't know it was loose. She had a mark on her face, you can see a small line above her eye and nose, so I thought she hit something, but she said she did that the night before. No one was talking, so I just dropped it. We found the tooth and she was happier. Not sure what made her talk, but... come to find out that her and Jacks were playing tug-of-war with a headband and one thing led to another, and the tooth came out. It had to be a little loose to pop out... right? So now she has a whole in her teeth and talks with a little lisp. 
 My guess is the tooth wasn't ready to come out because there was a little bruising and a lot of blood. Oh well, at least it was a baby tooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment