Friday, January 17, 2014

Return of Special Nights

After a little bit off, we have started to do the kids special nights again. They were all really excited for them to start. Camden's night was tonight. He chose McDonald's, like usual. 
 Next we went to a new place called Jump Time. It's a place with lots of trampolines. It was actually a lot of fun, a good workout, but too expensive. It may only be a special night kind of place. I wish is were cheaper and we'd go more. We played basketball, dodge-ball, 
 And a foam pit that you can jump into. That was fun, except I lost my sock in it. It's always fun to go out with the kids. I really love going with Camden and seeing him laugh and smile the whole time. 
 Last Saturday Beck started to get a cough and on Sunday he had a bad fever. He only has gone to school Tuesday because he said he felt better, but he probably shouldn't have gone. The reason I write about this is because of Camden. We really saw the old twin brother in him this week. On Monday he didn't want to go to school. I literally had to drag him onto the bus. It was so sad, but he needed to go to school. I was talking to him before he left and he said he needed to stay home to take care of Beck while I slept. (I take naps on the days I work, although today wasn't a nap day). Wednesday through Friday was a lot better going to school. He had a job, he needed to get Beck's homework so he didn't fall behind. One of the nights Beck went to take a bath in our bathroom and Camden went and got Beck his towel so he had it. On Thursday I was talking about going shopping Friday and Camden said I should wait until after school, then he would take care of Beck and make sure he was OK. Beck was doing a lot better Friday, so I went in the AM, but it was sweet of Camden to offer and to worry about Beck. I really saw a bond between these two this week. It's cute to see Camden worry and want to help with Beck when he's not feeling well. He's a good big brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment