Monday, January 20, 2014

Ears: Take 2 and Swimming

We were shopping the other day and Emery asked Brad is she could get something. She had a whole $0.05 and wanted to know what she could get. Brad told her she should get her ears pierced again. She was really excited and was set on doing that. We talked a little bit and I told her she has to let me clean them if she does. She was all in for it and couldn't wait. We went to Clair's and got them pierced. As a parent I always get nervous when I know something is going to hurt the kids. I got a little teary each time they have had to take one of the kids back for a surgery, I hated shots and this wasn't an exception. They first hole they punched my eyes teared up, I felt lame once I realized Emery wasn't crying at all. She was so strong and brave. She loves the earrings and has done great with the cleaning. Today however she freaked out and came running out of her room. One fell out. Thanks to her Barnes head and the small head hole in her shirt and the lace on the shirt, the earring got stuck and pulled out. I think she was scared it would hurt the same as it did the first time, but it went in easy and pretty painless. Isn't she beautiful?
 We did a lot more sports things with the boys then we have with Emery. She has missed out on a few things so we decided to put her in swim lessons while the boys are in Basketball. She has been so excited for it and has been wearing her suit almost every day. The only problem we had was to get into the bubble at the city pool you have to go in a revolving door. She wasn't too impressed with this and didn't want to go in at all. I almost had to drag her in, but once she got in she couldn't hold back the excitement. She was the only kid in the class for about 10 min. She did great and was really sad that we had to leave. Good thing they are twice a week. She can't wait for next time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment