Saturday, August 15, 2026

The Big Day

Last weekend was Katelyn's wedding. Being a bridesmaid was such a crazy, fun, busy, different experience from any wedding I have had. I felt so honored to have been chosen. I met Katelyn when I started working at my current job. She spoke with such poise, I wanted to be her when I grew up. Then I learned I am 9 years older than her. I am her lead at work, so we work closely every day and I love the friendship we have built in work and out of it. Me being me, I was also worried to join a group of 3 other girls, all three were so nice and welcoming and I think we got along together so well, even though I am on average 10 years older than all of them. 
Night before we set up and did a run through of how to walk down the isle. 
Next day we got to the hotel at 8 am and all got our hair and makeup done. I'm not super girly, I do my hair and makeup like someone who does no know what they are doing, so it was nice to be pampered that night. 
This is Delaynee, we hung out this whole day mainly together and I love who she is and her super happy personality. We laughed and had fun all day together. She helped me take an okay selfie. 
The room was full of wonderful women who all were so nice and were there for each other all day. 
My hair. I wanted it fully up to help with the heat. I am very glad I did this.

A glowing beautiful bride. Everything fit her perfectly! 
An RV with AC was totally the way to go! This was on our way to take pictures. I'm so glad they did it beforehand. It was NOT a dress I could sit in easy. 
Beautiful bridal party. 
The wedding was at BSU Stueckle center, so they had 30 minutes on the blue to take photos. It was cool to be that close on the field and they got a lot of really cool pictures. 
I lost it during the mother/ daughter dance but seeing this part was so sweet. While not my thing fully, I kind of wish I did this part. 
To go with the sports, the bouquet toss was a football toss. I loved it!

Some of our work group that came. 
They really love their dogs and their favors were dog treats. Our dogs loved them. 
The end of the night. Two pads to remove eye-makeup, false lashes, many bobby pins and hair ties, sore feet but fully worth it. I got home about 10:30pm, super tired but fully loving the whole day. Now I have a formal dress if I need it for anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment