Saturday, September 23, 2023

Half Way to Thirty

 Today Emery turns 15. She likes to tell me I'm old, so I reminded her that today she is half way to 30, so who is old now? She opened her gifts early since the boys worked. I didn't feel like getting a bag just to have her take it right out, so she got a stapled up Albertson's bag instead.


I forgot to take chicken out for her b-day dinner, got that taken care of and remembered I didn't get broccoli for the meal as well. Brad fixed that one. We were going to get a Boba gift certificate and forgot to actually go an buy that. And to top it off, we didn't have candles, like I thought we did. So she blew out a kabob skewer.
For her party, she wanted to recreate her birthday back in 2015. We came to Boise and took her and Avery to a movie, dinner, build a bear and a hotel. She was able to re-do all but the hotel, (swimming was done plenty of other weekends, but no picture taken)
Movie was just watching movies here on the projector, which worked out better than the theater. 

Lunch was a Wingers.




Then the mall. Meet Greg the frog and Jaqueline Boo the ghost bear. 

To make you feel even older, this was the first party. We bought tickets to the 3D show not realizing it. 

No kids menu this time. But lots of laughs with both. I love the relationship they have developed since moving here. 
Emery is a mini me of both Brad and I. I hear she looks most like me. She jokes around like Brad, loves Rock Band and with that love to talk about 'old' bands, like Blink 182. They even got matching Blink shirts. They are Costco shopping buddies. Brad does the Costco shop and she always goes with him. It may also be to look for a new squishmallow and talk Brad into getting it, but they say it's not. She can be sassy and I hear from Brad that I am as well. Also, if were annoyed, just leave us alone because we don't want to talk. She is stone faced and I just clean the house. Knowing this does not stop me from trying to make her talk when I knows she's mad. For Brad's birthday I got him a mic stand as a semi joke, but both he and Emery have used it a lot. They like to play a song on guitar while they sing. I love how she lets loose and sings with Rock Band. She is growing up, which obviously, but she brushes her hair (5 year old Emery would think I was nuts), she is trying to find her style. She has been slowly changing things in her room. However her squishmallow collection is growing. All the kids dress comfy as they were in Jr High, but I love this change in High school where you try other things. She bought jeans! and a few shirts that were different cuts. She's beautiful no matter what, but its a fun change to see. My favorite thing to come downstairs to is her and Jackson playing games together. Emery is always up for a game, but her and Jacks play a few on the PS5 and laugh the whole time playing. As we get closer to kids leaving, those little things are what I love most and will miss the most. I however wont miss out bowl collection missing and finding all of them in Emery (and Cam's) room. She says it's not that bad, but it is. I love out shopping trips. I have figured out the ones that are most fun to me are the ones we look for decor or projects. We question a lot of weird and dumb decor, and like a lot of the same. Emery's favorite thing this past year has been getting to the same shoe size as me. Brad and her also share a love of shoes. Brad is the best husband and loves to spoil his wife with cook Nike shoes, that his daughter just happens to love and wears majority of the time. (Brad is really the best, and it is fun wearing the same shoe size). She is at Renaissance with Cam and loving it. She has started with the culinary classes there and is learning so much and really likes it so far. If she stays with it, one class they actually cook and serve lunch to the public. She has started to crochet with her cousin Payton this past year too. She's getting better and better. I have also loved being able to watch new shows with her, but ones that aren't Disney and too cheesy. We ended Pretty Little Liars mainly making fun of how horrible they got. She is now old enough to drive. She is waiting to see if she gets into the next class. I don't know how I like thinking that this time next year she could be driving herself to school! Her and Cam have a love hate relationship. They argue and fight the most but get along the best as well. It will be interesting how Emery reacts when Cam leaves. Jayson and I were the same. I was good until we turned a corner leaving Jayson at the MTC and I lost it. I love watching Emery with Cam's girlfriend Cailey. I remember being the only girl and Michelle came along and I loved having another girl there. She was so nice to me, we even wrote letters back and forth a few times. Cailey treats Emery so well and makes Emery happy and feel special. We went out to dinner as a family and Cailey came with us. Cam picked her up and met us there. When they walked in and she saw Emery's new outfit she said how much she loved it and while she maybe wouldn't admit it, I could tell it meant something to Emery. It was ages ago, but being a teen is so hard, so I loved seeing it.  Pretty sure last year she had the obsession, but Boba is her favorite drink and she likes to talk Brad into getting her one whenever she can. Emery's favorite food is Chicken Nuggets. Her favorite game or toy is Overcooked and her favorite subject is Culinary. In 5 years she sees herself "Gone. haha, No I don't know, College probably." I had to do Direct quote to catch Emery as a person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment