Sunday, May 28, 2023

Set It Off

The last two times I have traveled without another adult has shown me I should not travel without an adult. If I'm alone, something bad just has to happen. Cam, Beck, Zander and I were heading to Utah to see Set it off. The plan was for me to drive to Buhl area, showing Cam how to drive going 80 mph, then he would take over until Snowville. We stopped in Mountain Home and shortly after leaving there the car kind of pulled to one side and just felt weird, but it was only a second. Didn't think much of it until right at the first Glenn's Ferry exit the car flash EPC and the speed was slowing going down. I had cruse on so I thought something was up with that. I turned it off and hit the gas but nothing happened, it kept slowing down. I an a nervous passenger in perfect weather. If I'm driving and something happens, lets just say I'm not the best at knowing what to do, I just get scared too quickly. Let alone I have my 2 kids and one kid that is not mine. I had to pull off on the side of the freeway, and I called Brad. I love Brad with all I have, but he knows about as much as I do about cars. I get he couldn't do anything, but in the moment I was really hoping he perfected his teleportation machine and the kids, and I and the car would be back in Meridian. That didn't happen.  We all read up on it and while it's not good, I should still be able to make it to Twin safely (no I did not feel safe). I stopped at one place who was too full, thankfully the second place could check it out. We spent an hour and half waiting to see what was up. Some thing when it was going is supposed to 'talk' to this other thing, but my car was misfiring that, which made the EPC turn on. Plus some other things were wrong (did I say I know 0 about cars?) The issue was we needed to be in Utah about 7 for our concert and they wouldn't be done until 5.  I debated renting a car but tried Gma and Gpa Barnes first. Brad told me they had one car now and so, me being me and overthinking everything, felt really bad calling to take their one car away. They have the 2 still and I was able to borrow a van. Since it was not our car, I did not want Cam to drive. From Twin to the junction for Utah there was a lot of one lane construction. Then from the junctions until Salt Lake there were 4 or so down pour, low visibility rain storms, along with high winds in spots and hail. With my luck, and how Utah's winter had been, I really thought I'd wake up to snow. Just to round out the trip from Hell for Kilie. All types of weather and issues I hate to drive in. We made it safe and on time for our concert. Our hotel was right next to the venue, one silver lining to it. I like to think that things happen for a reason. Like was all this a big way to not have Cam drive in the construction and weather? Really I would have taken a bad feeling in my stomach over the car bill we got. 
Concert was so good. The openers were meh but Set It Off did not disappoint. It is fun seeing the boys at concerts and letting lose. The last concert I went to with Cam he was a little stiff; he let loose this one. 
He is being held up by the crowd. 


We went to In and Out after the concert to see Kiara. They're open until 1 am and when we were there, it was packed still. 
While I could do without car issues, the couple days was a lot of fun. I love a good concert and going to these small venue ones, I'm liking  more and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment