Monday, January 21, 2019

Few Things

 I have really slacked with taking pictures lately, so I really don't have much to write about. 
For Christmas the boys got suckers from a friend and were surprised that you could make suckers. We used to make suckers all the time when i was a kid, so we got what we needed and made suckers. They actually turned out pretty good. It was fun to make them again. 



 I got a jury summons for the first time ever. I was not looking forward to it at all and when I had to go in  I was kind of annoyed. As luck would have it, I was selected to be on a jury and I have to say, I loved it. It was so interesting to see how the judicial system worked. The judge seemed not super nice during jury selection, so I made sure I didn't say much. I would assume he gets sick of hearing lame excuses why people have to leave. He was a lot better during the actual trial. It was a battery case. I thought it would be hard to see both sides, to go in with an open mind but it wasn't as hard as I thought. It became a little hard once you realize that you have the power in your hands to change someones life. The deliberations took about and hour and a half, it was a hard decision. They said I won't have to go back for 2 years, but really I'd be fine going again sooner. 
 Emery had he special day this past Saturday. We did it a little different. She thought about seeing a movie but wasn't hooked on seeing one. She needed some shirts so we decided to have a shopping day. So Emery Brad and I went to lunch and spend the afternoon shopping. It was probably her favorite type of special day. 


 In science the boys have a project on genes where they have to pick 2 super heroes and using punnet squares they had to show what their kid would look like. Then they had to draw their child. Brad helped Camden this weekend draw his. I only got a picture of it half done, but it turned out awesome. His super hero's were Spider-man  and the invisible woman. 

 Emery and Jackson got 3rd place in their class for a spelling bee which meant today they competed with their grade. Emery was a little nervous but she did get 4th place in the grade. 
 Jackson was so nervous I wanted to run up and hug him and help him. He at first didn't want to talk and then he could only get out p. Purr was his word. I'm so proud of them both for getting so far in the spelling bee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment