Sunday, September 24, 2017

Emery's 9!

This weekend Emersyn turned 9 years old and she couldn't have been more excited. She had a small party with two of her friends on Friday. It made me realize how not girly I was growing up and how girly she is. I think it also made Brad glad we only have one girl, although 3 boys bring a whole other set of 'fun', so it could be a toss up. 
For her party they made box cars. I remember whenever my parents (or my friends parents) got a new appliance we could play with the boxes for weeks. Making cars or houses or anything else we could. We have done this a few times with the kids and they have loved it, so Emery was excited to do it for her birthday. It was a good project to keep them busy for an hour or so making them. They ate dinner in them, and used them to open presents too. She wanted clothes from us. She said she really wanted a shirt that said birthday girl on it, so we went the cheap way, since she'll wear it once, and made one. She loved it and wore it to her party. 




 After dinner and presents we set the projector up for them to go to the drive-in with their cars. They only watched about half of the movie then played school and family and texting on a white board. I'm not sure how long they stayed up, but Emery was tired the next day. 
On her actual birthday we had a girls night with Grandma Arrington to watch Women's Conference. We went to dinner at Red Robin where they sang to her, then watched some conference and after went and saw the play "Beauty and the Beast." It was a really fun night and a good birthday for her. I think a small part of her is hoping we go on a trip for her 10th like we did with the boys....

Emery is such a fun girl. In a house full of boys, shes a breath of fresh air. While I wasn't ever as girls as she is, I love having a shopping partner and someone to paint nails with. Someday when she's older we'll be able to shop for makeup and other fun girly things. Emery and Jacks are the best of friends and they play pretend together really well. One thing she is really good at is being upset. By that I mean when she is upset in anyway she is stone faced and quiet just looking forward. She doesn't break for anything, which is kind of impressive. She will be a fun pre teen girl. I love the little ways that she is how I was when you grow up with just brothers. I told a teacher when I was around her age that my brothers taught me how to burp and fart really well, and she is just the same. Emery loves clothes. Like I said that's what she wanted for her birthday and it was very specific things. I no longer just get her things, she has to be there when I shop and even then it takes forever for her to pick something out. She does really well in school and her teacher loves her. She loves to read and loves the social part of school. Emery has Brad wrapped around her finger, but I think he loves that. Emery loves to draw with chalk and play babies or family and school. She uses her easel all of the time. Her favorite food is fried chicken (like nuggets that you would get at Chick Fil A). Her favorite subject is reading and her favorite toy or game is to play babies with stuffed animals or dolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment