Monday, August 28, 2017

Last Week

Last Monday was the solar eclipse and all of the kids were able to watch it at school. Here we had about 97% coverage, which was fine with me. I thought the coolest part of the whole thing was how dark it got outside. When it started it looked more like a cloudy, rainy day. Jacks' teacher sent some pictures of them looking at it. All of the kids thought it was a cool thing to see. 
Friday was a sad day for me; it was the first time in 11 years I have gone grocery shopping alone! Even when the boys were infants I would load them in the cart and just pile food around their car seats. I have always taken the kids with me when I go out, mainly so they learn how to act in public. While it was lonely without them, it was nice not hearing someone ask every 5 seconds if they can get something. I'll just have to wait until next summer for that. 
 We are down to single numbered days until we leave for California! We had a final money count and plan telling yesterday which made the kids even more excited. Brad made them autograph/journal books that they will all be able to put pictures and memories in. We showed them all of their tickets which had a little surprise in the back. They didn't know we were flying, but we decided to tell them now in case Emery and Jacks had any worries or questions about it. Then we counted their money they have been saving. We are so impressed with how well they have all done with it. They all have worked really hard and saved every penny they could. Now they all have a good amount to spend when we are there which will make it even more fun. I don't thing any of us will sleep well this week because we are all way too excited to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment