Thursday, August 27, 2026

A Few Pain Points

I have to first say, I do love having my kids home. My one want in life was a family. An amazing husband, check. Amazing kids, check. Kids who are growing into awesome adults, check. 
Having 7 at home right now is a lot. It's not bad, but it's a lot. Five, almost 6 adults is just in general a lot. Two married couples... a lot. Doesn't make it bad, just means a few things may need to change. 
One thing, the fridge is always PACKED. Beck has food he gets and likes. Cam and Cailey are the same, plus just the food it takes to feed us all, it get packed in a fridge from the early 2000's. We are renting, so technically don't own a fridge. We decided that we would buy one that we can take when we move and then have two to alleviate some of that pain point. I tell you, this new one is a BIG one. It's super nice and so far, I love it.
It was fun to empty the old one, move it to the garage, fill it, get the new one, cool it down, then fill it. It was a mess for about 24 hours. 
She's beautiful. 
The other pain point so far is very 'first world problem-y'. Cam, Beck and at times Cailey and/or Jacks watch movies together. I love my kids love the be together and share that, but the TV they use the main family TV. The annoying thing (or was annoying) about this house is there are two family rooms. One we never used. It was an old couch and the piano. When they watch movies, if Brad or I want to relax and watch something, we have to in our room, aka office. It just wasn't what we wanted. SOOOOOO we got another TV. Was it really needed? Maybe not. But will it be nice to play 'Don't Starve' while the kids watch a movie. 
It's a lot, but it's a good lot, and were figuring it out as we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment